(Photo: On assignment in N
Photo: On photo assignment in the
Norwegian high Arctic (where taking gloves off is a BAD idea!)
Doug Elsey is a Canadian documentary photographer specializing in
expedition and adventure photography. His images have appeared in
National Geographic and Popular Science and he has been on assignment
with NATO Special Forces, the Canadian Department of National Defence,
the Norwegian Naval EOD Commando, the Icelandic Coast Guard EOD and
United States Navy Experimental Diving units.
Elsey has documented numerous military deep diving MCM and surface EOD
exercises from the high arctic to the tropics and has participated on
five civilian expeditions sponsored by National Geographic.
"Doug Elsey is the kind of photographer you want when it's 4 a.m. and
the temperature is forty below," says Arctic expedition leader Dr. Joe
MacInnis, " he's smart, tough, and determined to get the impossible
shot. And he does it with a wicked sense of humour."
Doug Elsey works with his clients to craft the best way to tell the
story. He is available for presentations on "The Adventure of Getting
the Image." To contact him for assignments or to inquire about
purchasing his stock images, click on the image to the left.
Partial Client List
- National Geographic Society - High Arctic and underwater photo
documentation of major scientific expeditions.
- National Geographic Adventure Magazine
- Explore Magazine
- Air Canada Enroute Magazine.
- TV Ontario
- Canadian Dept. of National Defence.
- Toronto Sun Newspaper
- Popular Mechanics Magazine
- Science Magazine
- The Globe and Mail Newspaper
- Book cover "Breathing Underwater" - Dr. Joe MacInnis.
- NATO Special Forces.
- Icelandic Coast Guard EOD Command
- Norwegian Naval EOD Commando
- White Squall Paddling Centre .
- Oceaneering Intl. (cinematography)
- Diver Magazine
- Adventure Kayak Magazine
- numerous websites, newspapers, books and magazines....